Plastic or die-cast stainless steel housing – which do you prefer? Meet the burr coffee grinder that lets you choose your housing material according to your preferences – the Capresso Infinity Plus Commercial Burr Grinder. But that’s just one of its amazing features. Here are the rest:
Reasons to Buy the Capresso Infinity Plus
- As you’ve already noticed, its name contains the word “commercial”, meaning that it’s a commercial-grade product, but I believe that’s just marketing speak for “high quality”. Anyways, according to Capresso, that’s what it is.
- It has “commercial-grade” steel, conical burrs, which means precision-grinding is one of the fortes of this product. Generally, the higher the quality of the burrs, the better the precision.
- You get more flavor and aroma out of your coffee beans and from every cup of coffee made thanks to the minimal amount of friction and heat produced while grinding.
- Its bean container has enough room for 11 ounces of beans, while the grounds container below it has enough room for 4 ounces of ground beans.
- There are 16 different grind sizes to choose from, including coarse, regular, fine, and extra-fine, with several levels of sizes between each grind size to give you more control over the grind size.
- Thanks to its high level of precision, you can grind coffee for any brewing method, whether it’s drip, pour-over, French Press, espresso, Turkish, or cold brew.
- To prevent accidents, the machine switches off when the bean container isn’t locked. This safety system is a really nice feature to have.
- Easy to clean and quiet. The upper burr is removable, and a brush is provided in the package for cleaning the burrs.
- Customize the look of your grinder by choosing from two color options – white and black – for the cheaper ABS plastic housing variant, or pick the more expensive heavy-duty zinc die-cast housing variant. Both share the same features.
This product really has no cons. It’s perfect for most people, including me. That said, a few users might find a few almost insignificant cons in this grinder as no product is 100% perfect, but you’ll never find something that qualifies as a “deal-breaker”.
Capresso Infinity Plus Amazon Ratings
This burr grinder has received more than 1,000 ratings so far, and it has also been rated for different features. Here is how customers like you have rated this product at the time of writing this:
- Overall rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars (77% of customers rated this product 5 stars)
- Ease of use: 4.7 stars
- Value for money: 4.7 stars
- Noise level: 4.4 stars
- Ease of cleaning 4.2 stars
Capresso Infinity Plus FAQs
- Is this grinder quiet? Quietness is relative because all grinders are noisy due to the moving parts and crushing noise. However, compared to other grinders, this one is relatively quiet.
- Is it messy? As with all burr grinders, you’ll have to deal with some static. There are ways to reduce this, like letting the grounds sit in the container for while to reduce the static charge.
- Do you have to hold the switch down to keep it grinding? No, with the Capresso Infinity Plus, the timer acts as the switch. You turn the knob and it starts to grind – no holding down.
- Is this easy to clean? Yes, it is. Capresso provides clear instructions on how to clean this grinder. Although, the cleaning brush they provide is not very effective for cleaning, so you may want to substitute that for an old toothbrush.
- Is this a good grinder for espresso? Yes, it’s perfect for fine espresso grounds.
- Can I also grind flax seeds with this? Yes, it’s perfect for this task too.
- Does this product heat up during grinding? No, thanks to its gear reduction motor which reduces friction and heat build-up. The worst you’ll feel is a little warmth after a grinding session.